Travelling with family can be fun but most of us face trouble while selecting a destination in India. The destination you pick should be family-friendly. You should find enough amount of attractions that enthusiasts all members of your family. Since the country is vast and filled with various culture and attractions. However, lot of options available to go along with your family to enjoy vacation in India.
Here are some of the best places that you must visit with your family in India. These destinations are the best destinations for family vacation in all over India that you would love to visit.
The Golden Triangle: Delhi – Agra – Jaipur
The Golden Triangle is not a single place. The Delhi, Agra and Jaipur are collectively known as the Golden Triangle. Golden Triangle is so called because of the triangular shape formed by the locations of New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur on a map.
Must Visit Places in Delhi
- Temples & Monuments of Delhi
- Connaught place, Chandni Chowk for food
- Janpath, Sarojini Market and Dilli Haat for Shopping
Must Visit Places in Agra
- Taj Mahal
- Fatehpur Sikri for the amazing glassware
- Agra fort for the marvellous architecture
- Agra markets for Inlay work on marvel and traditional carpets.
Must Visit Places in Jaipur
- Amer fort elephant ride in Jaipur
- Hawa Mahal and other monuments in Jaipur
- Nahargarh fort for an enticing city view
- Johri Bazaar for impressive gemstone work and jewellery
- Chokhi Dhani for the ultimate Rajasthani experience.
The best time to visit is from October to March. Taj Mahal is closed on every Friday. So, plan your trip accordingly.
Himachal Pradesh, a northern Indian state in the Himalayas, is known for its trekking, climbing and skiing, and scenic beauty for kids and elders and jeep safari for the whole family. Soak yourself in the mild sunlight and breathe the fresh Himalayan breeze while your kids go paragliding, mountaineering, jeep safari and more. Not all activities would suite children or senior citizens. For instance, not all trekking routes are child-friendly.
Must Visit Places in Himachal Pradesh
- Shimla for a romantic or family hill station stay
- Manali and Rohtang Pass for family sightseeing
- Mc Leodganj and Solang Valley for adventure activities
- Kufri for unique Yak rides
- Mall Road for Shopping
Best time to visit in spring April to June or in winters November to February. Make sure to pack a lot of woolen clothing.
Kashmir – Heaven on Earth
Kashmir is a wonderful romantic, picturesque and relaxing place. This mini Switzerland of India attracts tourists from all over the world, across various age groups and is always on the list of every Indian. This place is a romantic capital and a common honeymoon spot in India. You definitely need to visit this paradise on earth and meditate in the flower valley hearing the laughter of your loved ones.
Must Visit Places in Kashmir
- Srinagar for houseboats and shikara rides
- Gulmarg for adventure activities like skiing
- Pahalgam for Baisaran Valley
- Dal Lake
Best time to visit is from April to June. If you want a snow filled vacation with skiing and others; choose between December and March.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
An exotic holiday destination in our very own country, Andaman and Nicobar Islands will give your family the feeling of a foreign location. The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are a group of islands in the Indian Ocean. You can find lush rainforests, sandy beaches, warm lagoons, coral reefs, tropical climate, turquoise sea and many others here. You can go snorkeling and scuba-diving or just relax by the beach enjoying the view.
Must Visit Places in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Havelock Islands for Scuba Diving
- Cellular Jail for the light and sound show
- Numerous beaches for picnicking and strolling
- Anthropoligical Museum, Samudrika Marine Museum
- Andaman water sports complex for sea water swimming and more water sport activities
Best time to visit: October to April
Haridwar and Rishikesh
Planning a religious-fun family tour this year? Haridwar and Rishikesh is the place for your family! Visit one of the most holy cities of India and bathe in the Ganges, wash your sins away. Walk on the swaying Laxman Jhula with your kids and travel to Rishikesh for some adventure.
Must Visit Places in Haridwar
- Mansa Devi temple in Haridwar
- Har-ki-pauri Ghat for the evening Maha Aarti
- Daksheswara Mahadev Temple in Kankha, Haridwar
- Rajaji National Park in Haridwar
Must Visit Places in Rishikesh
- Laxman Jhula, Ram Jhula – suspension bridge in Rishikesh
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple in Rishikesh
- Rishikesh for adventure sports like River rafting
Kerala – God’s own Country
This place is a narrow strip of coastal land lining the Arabian Sea. It has everything from culture to backwaters for a wonderful family time. It’s known for its palm-lined beaches and its backwaters, a network of canals popular for cruises. The greenery and ambiance of places like Munnar and Alleppey make Kerala the finest state in the country to visit with your family and kids. They can take a walk in tea plantations, enjoy the thrilling boat races, or just spend a quiet evening in a houseboat themselves. Visiting Kerala would prove to be completely relaxing and rejuvenating trip for your parents and children alike.
Must Visit Places in Kerala
- The beautiful hill station – Munnar
- Houseboat or cruise on backwaters of Alleppey
- Kovalam Beaches
- Thekkady and Wayanad for natural experiences and other natural attractions like waterfalls
- Elephant camp where you can bath, feed and ride on elephants
- Ayurvedic massages
- Periyar National Park
- Bekal Fort
- Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
- Marine Drive, Kochi
If you want to enjoy a lot of water based activities, it is better to visit between September and April. Nainital is a Himalayan resort town in the Kumaon region of India’s Uttarakhand state, at an elevation of roughly 2,000m. You can find a lot of natural elements and other tourist attractions here. It is a scenic village with a spectacular turquoise lake, twittering of birds, pleasantly balmy evenings and lush environs. The best of all that Nainital holds is the Jim Corbett National Park. This park is located a little away from the heart of Nainital. Over 70,000 tourists visit the national park all-round the year.
Must Visit Places in Nainital
- Naini lake for a peaceful boat ride
- Tiger spotting at Govind Ballabh Zoo
- Tiffin top for a panoramic view of Himalayas
- Stop by and have fresh bhuttas on the way
- Jim Corbett for an adventurous wildlife tour and Jeep Safari
Best time to visit:
- Nainital: March to June and September to November
- Jim Corbett National Park: November to June
If you are travelling with a teenage child, you can stay in the wildlife resort inside the national park for some thrilling effect.
Puri is a religious place for Hindus. It is a beautiful city with a lot of natural attractions. This beautiful city mostly remains untouched throughout the year until the Jagannath Yatra begins. It is one of the prominent Char Dham sites in India but it has lot to offer in terms of rich architectural heritage. The city welcomes you with a cool breeze even on the most summery days and the majestic temple adds an aura of peace to your leisure travel.
Must Visit Places in Puri
- Sunset View at Puri Beach
- Walk by the beach and enjoy the calmness amidst the noisy atmosphere
- Explore the local shops selling alluring age old arts and artefacts
- Chilka Lake for the biggest salt water lagoon and migratory birds
- Sun Temple at Konark for its magnificent architecture
- Taste the Maha Prasadam of Jagganath Temple
Best time to visit: August to March
If you wish to attend the ‘Rath Yatra festival’ plan your trip for the months of June or July.
More from my site